Welcome. Thank you for stopping by. Today’s topic came from my notes on some of my pastor’s sermons a few months ago. I have loved the sermon series he is bringing before the congregation. The book of Haggai is one of my favorites. Few pastors preach on the books of the minor prophets, so when my pastor announced we would look at the small books of the Old Testament, I got excited.
Following are my notes from a few of his sermons on the book of Haggai. If you haven’t read this book of the Bible, you are missing out on some great stuff.
Sermon snippets from Haggai, Chapter 1
Seek these things:
- Seek out the presence of God by building back that relationship or leaning into the presence of God.
- Seek obedience to His words.
- Seek reverence to His authority.
- Seek confidence from His spirit going with us, and when we rest in the presence of God, we know that the house of the Lord will be restored within our lives.
Sermon snippet from Haggai, Chapter 2
There are three sermons inside Haggai 2.
- God is with us, and that should give us peace. His presence should give us shalom (peace). Don’t fear your circumstances. The glory that is to come will far outshine the past glory.
- God is with us, and his presence has come before us, which means we have a blessing; it can only come from him. Uncleanliness is more contagious than holiness. Holiness does not get grandfathered in. We each have to choose the Lord for ourselves. Watch what God will do through and in the people who invite God into their lives.
- God is with us, which means he chooses us. Zerubbabel is in the lineage of Jesus.