One day I was listening to Priscilla Shirer teach a lesson on Ephesians chapters 1 and 2. For those of you who do not know who she is, Priscilla is a well-known Women’s Bible Study teacher. She has also acted in some popular Christian movies – War Room and Overcomer. You must check those out if you haven’t already.
In this particular video teaching, she told the audience to sit down and read the two chapters. After reading, we were to make a list of everything we saw in those passages.
Following is my list. It’s rather long because there were so many good nuggets of truth. I would like to share those with you today. I would also like to encourage you to read these two chapters yourself and make your own list of what you see in the passages.
Ephesians Chapters 1 & 2
1. Blessed in the heavenly realms with every blessing in Christ
2. Chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless
3. Adopted us as sons/daughters
4. Given us grace
5. Redemption through his blood
6. The forgiveness of sins
7. Made known to us the mystery of his will
8. Marked in him with a seal – his Holy Spirit
9. Our inheritance is guaranteed
10. Have wisdom and revelation
11. Have hope
12. Riches of a glorious inheritance
13. Great power for us to believe
14. Were dead in transgressions and sins
15. Used to follow the ways of the world
16. Used to gratify the cravings of the sinful nature
17. Were objects of wrath
18. We are made alive with Christ
19. By grace, we have been saved
20. Raised up with Christ
21. Grace saved – it is a gift
22. God’s workmanship
23. Created in Jesus to do good works
24. Used to be separated from Christ
a. excluded from citizenship
b. foreigners the covenant of the promise
c. without hope
d. without God in the world
25. Have been brought near the blood of Christ
26. Jesus is our peace
27. Through Jesus, I have access to the Father by one Spirit
28. No longer foreigners/aliens
29. Members of God’s household
30. Being built into a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit
I am a participant
– a spiritual blessing
– made alive in Christ
– one in Christ
I am his daughter, a daughter of the King.
Thank you, Priscilla Shirer, for encouraging me to read the passages and make a list. I have read Ephesians several times, but never to write down everything I saw. I learned a lot more about those two chapters than I knew previously.
Thank you, Lord, for your word that brings life to my bones. I thank you, Lord, for the wonderful promises contained in Scripture. Oh Lord, I thank you for the hope I have in you. I praise you, Lord, and give you thanks. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen.
What I Learned About Buried Vegetables