The kingdom of heaven is like…..
Many of us want to know what heaven is like. We don’t know of anyone who has actually gone there and come back with a full report. There are a few who have written books about their death experience. I can’t verify the legitimacy of them, so I’ll leave that to the author and reader. What I can go by to get an idea of what heaven is like are Jesus’ own words.
Many times in the New Testament, Jesus began teaching those around him in parables so the people around Him could understand and relate it to something they were familiar with.
Following are a few for you to ponder: “The kingdom of heaven is like,
- a man who sowed good seed in his field.
- a mustard seed which a man took and planted in his field.
- yeast that a woman took and mixed into a large amount of flour until it worked all through the dough.
- a treasure hidden in a field.
- a merchant looking for fine pearls.
- a net that was let down into a lake and caught all kinds of fish.
- a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.
- a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire men to work in his vineyard.
- a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son.
- ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
- a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his property to them.
All of the above parables came from the book of Matthew. You may start reading the rest of each parable beginning in Matthew, Chapter 13 for a better understanding of His teachings.
So, if you are like me and you want to know what the kingdom of heaven is like, check out the above. I find that His teachings in parables really help me to understand the lesson he is trying to teach me.
Jesus cared for them and he cares for us so much that he patiently taught us all in words we could understand. I don’t know about you, but that’s my kind of teacher.
In His Service,